Ross Keith Swan, M.Sc.
CEO Orion Human Capital Pte Ltd
Co-Founder Soul-Inspired-Leadership Pte Ltd
Areas of Expertise
Ross Swan is a perceptive, responsive, and accessible consultant, coach and trainer, with broad experience in varied industries worldwide, including financial services, construction, energy, logistics, distribution, retail, engineering, hospitality, airlines, and manufacturing. He is highly regarded for his proactive methods to capture and integrate employees’ Discretionary PerformanceSM with corporate vision.
Ross is also a dynamic speaker with outstanding skills in leadership, communication, presentation, training, team-building, and interpersonal relations.
He works internationally, spanning a variety of industries around the globe, from an energy giant’s refinery in his Australian homeland to the largest local bank in Singapore. His projects in Singapore, where he is mainly based, encompass diverse cultural backgrounds.
Ross’ areas of expertise include a particular focus on improving leadership:
Organizational alignment & team building
- Cross-cultural management issues
- Employee engagement
Examples of Ross’ work include—
- Diverse cultural experience: Ross conducted skill assessment/coaching projects with Chinese, German, Swiss, British, Australian, New Zealander, Indonesian, Japanese, Indian, Sri Lankan, Thai, S., Irish, French, Italian, Turkish, Malaysian, and Filipino personnel. This work included planning of people engagement and performance.
For a long-term engagement with a global engineering enterprise, Ross tailored his coaching to each executive, working in the mode that best suited each individual. The result was notable growth and development of each executive on both business and personal levels, maximizing their effectiveness in the organization.
- Another long-term engagement with a major oil and gas enterprise saw Ross supporting a major change management initiative including coaching over 30 executives to develop their leadership effectiveness. Visible growth in their leadership skills and the overall movement towards the desired changes was clearly evident.
Ross focused on the special challenge of coaching to address cross-cultural management issues. Working from Singapore for several years, he gained great insight into Asian cultures, enhancing his value to clients having multicultural responsibilities.
- A fortune 500 company: “Ross dealt with issues frankly but sensitively,” wrote one of its senior executive coachees. “Everything he said, asked, or did was deliberate and designed to expose an issue or promote a discussion. Very professional, very well-organized.”
Alignment support for teams and organizations: Ross is helping executives engage staff through creating an environment of high-performance teams and cooperative relationships. The individuals are at various stages along the customer supply chain. This project also involves change management, encouraging specific behaviours to get results.
Ross consistently achieves measurable results in his work. Examples include—
- Developed and delivered a senior leadership training/coaching program for industry in Singapore (in conjunction with the Singapore National Employers Federation and Singapore’s Workforce Development Agency) that ran successfully for 5 years.
Consistently receives ratings of 4/5 to 5/5 from his seminars.
Education and Background
Ross holds an M.Sc. in Training and Performance Management from the University Of Leicester, UK, and received his Graduate Certificate in Business Education from the Queensland University of Technology. He is certified in Training and Assessment and holds a Management Certificate in Marketing from the Queensland University of Technology, as well as certificates in Media Relations.
Ross currently mentors’ students at the Queensland University of Technology. He has also served on the university’s performance management consulting panel, providing consulting for the Australian Government AusAid Program’s Asia Pacific Region (the program aims to reduce poverty and support sustainable development in developing countries). He has also trained senior directors of the Philippine government in performance management skills and applications.
Ross is currently an Advisory Board Member of The Indian Forum of Educators